shelly's style on a dime. so yes...I'm entertaining the idea of building a new house - but I am also very serious about the idea of building the cheapest & most stylish house you ever did see! i wanted to share my family room. I often boast that all the furniture in this room is from the salvation army - and it IS! some of the small pieces are bargains found elsewhere.
1. slipper chair - found Volunteers of America in Chicago in 1996
2. (2) woven seats/storage - clearance BIG LOTS 9.99 ea - holds wii stuff, blankets, remotes
3. you can only see corner - but ottoman purchased from VOA - in Chicago 1996 (it is solid, sears brand, and has been re-covered approx 10 times by me!)
4. coffee table - salvation army. purchased for our first apartment 1993-
sanded and re-painted at least 4 different colors by us.
5. best find!! FREE! wooden planter box- found 1995 in alley behind my Chicago apt.
6. most amazing orange couch. 40.00!! salvation army - purchased 4 yrs ago. my mom spotted and called me asap! fabric is very Orla Kiely inspired.
7. 2 Orange bolster pillows. Pottery Barn store clearance. maybe 6.00 ea?
outside fabric - great for cleaning and fade res.
8. set of two: vinyl chairs. ( I'll but ANYTHING if there is TWO!) salvation army 30.00 for set. didn't buy at first visit - could not get out of my head - went back next day .. to my amazement - still there. score!
9. fireplace mantle - found at our local dump swap shop - free!
10. square silver leaf tray (there are 2) these were a steal too. Target- Halloween Collection ( dunno why?) but nabbed them 1 week after Halloween for 75% off!